Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day fun!

We had some serious fun on Father's Day! And I got to sew for it. Double bonus. I found this cute onesie at Target and decided that it would be fun to get the kids in coordinating I love Daddy shirts.
Alas, no such option in the boys department, so I was on my own where Logan was concerned. I decided to try making it myself, with an appliqued heart and some iron-on letters.
I think it turned out pretty well! Pardon Myra's head in the picture...
Here is her whole outfit. The skirt was a bit of an afterthought. I made it VERY quickly Sunday morning so that she could wear her onesie to church. I should have done it earlier, but I just didn't think about it. This skirt was based somewhat roughly on the Oliver + S Lazy Days skirt, except without the ribbon. It ended up so cute and was so easy, I will most assuredly be making another, but at more leisure than before church on Sunday morning!! I'll take some pics for a tutorial next time - stay tuned.
Here is Logan's outfit. I admit, I cheated a bit and purchased the tee, but I made the jeans! The applique is from some scraps I had left over from a pair of PJs I made for Mitch. It was the first thing I ever sewed for Mitch. I'm not sure he noticed that...
Happy Father's Day!!

2 comments:

Antoinette said...

Soooo cute! Hope your hubby loved the outfits, too.

Leigh said...

Those are so great!!! I love that the scrap came from Daddy's PJs, that's so sweet.