Sunday, June 28, 2009

The birthday haul

Despite all my forebodings I really had a great birthday. Here is the (sewing related) haul! I am really excited about Sew What! Skirts! I have seen so many pretty things made from this book out there in blogland, and now that I have it, I can see why. I doesn't come with pattern pieces. What? Nope, you draft your own from your measurements and based on their very simple method. I can't wait to get started. There are some awesome designs in there and I couldn't decide what to do first, so with my Hobby Lobby gift card (Thank you, Donna, for feeding my fabric frenzy), I got fabric for two different ones.
I also got two new feet for Janome from my Mom. One is a binding foot. I LOVE binding and I am so happy to have this one. The other is a ditch stitching foot. Stitching in the ditch is my favorite way to avoid handsewing without topstitching, so I am really excited about this one, too.
Thank you, everyone!

No comments: