Thursday, June 11, 2009

Baby stuff

I have gained a bit of notoriety here in these parts for slingmaking. I've been making slings for the mommies with new babies in my ward at church and for other friends. I just finished this batik and broadcloth one as a favor for a good friend whose sister is expecting.Since it is a gift, I also made a few burp cloths and an appliqued onesie to match.
I'm not going to talk about the ring sling, but if you want more info about making them, please see my prior post about them here. The onesie is my first reverse applique and I think it turned out pretty cute. She is having a boy so I wanted it to have some "tough guy" frayed edges. I also made some stripwork burp cloths. I left these edges unfinished as well, to coordinate with the onesie. This was my first dip into any sort of stripwork and it went well, although I don't think I'm ready for a full dive into quilting just yet.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I freaking love the way this project turned out. Wow I would have never thought up the aplique idea for a boy's onesie. Boys clothes are always so hard, there is never really anything to do for them....well compared to girls anyway. U should check out the faux leather pants I made for my boys last october. Soo cute.