Monday, April 27, 2009

New Look 6793

This is a cute little quickie from New Look. I really like their patterns. They are simple, inexpensive, but still cute and fashionable. This one is REALLY simple. The dress (sans applique) takes about 45 minutes from cutting to finished. The pattern included detailed instructions for how to do the appliques pictured on the envelope, but I think this is a great opportunity for some creativity!!
View A and B are the same, saving the hem details. A has a ruffle, while B has a contrast band. Here is view B - sans band and with my own applique. The matching shirt is Butterick 3475.This is View A, made of denim with a satin facing and ruffle. I love the look of the ties with a contrast facing! I think it is a little blah as is, so I'm thinking of adding a hot pink flower applique to the lower part of the skirt.
View C is a top, basically a short version of the dress, and D is a pair of ruffled pants. I made these out of red flannel last Christmas, and they went together easily as well. They are very simple pants with a ruffle at the hem.
Big brother's green pants are Butterick 4222.

This is a great pattern for a beginning seamstress. It is very simple, but there are some great techniques that you can learn. For the more advanced, it is still a fun, quick pattern, with lots of customizablity.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I love New Look patterns too. I use them often when I sew for my girls. Great job I really love the denim and satin dress. It turned out so cute!

vonnevo said...

I really like NL patterns too and today bought 6793 for my Grandaughter. The outfits you made are gorgeous, your kiddos cute as !!! Thanks for your VH review on PR and blog post :)