Friday, November 2, 2012

Non-sewing related request for help

Hey lovely readers! I'm still working on my Ottobre blouse, and it should be ready to show you in a day or two, but in the meantime I have a little non-sewing related request for those of you who have a few free moments.
You've all met Logan before. He's my biggest boy, and this year he is in Kindergarten, which has been a big deal for me and him. He's doing great and he loves his class. His teacher, Ms. Baldwin is really amazing, and very good with him and his special needs. She's also really creative, and has fun activities that really make it easy for the kids to learn and to love learning.
Next month they are learning about maps and geography. As part of the learning unit, Ms. Baldwin has requested that we find some good hearted souls who are willing to send a letter or postcard from their little corner of the globe (wherever that may be), so that the kids can learn about and feel connected to places both far off and close to home.
The unit begins with the class baking a Gingerbread Boy, who escapes from the oven! The letters and cards are from all of the people around the world who have spotted the Gingerbread Boy.
So, if you are willing to write a little note to Ms. Baldwin's class about our escaped Gingerbread Boy, please send me an email at katiedeshazer (at) gmail (dot) com and I will email you the address. Thank you so much!

4 comments:

Mary said...

Fun! I sent you a note, Mary

BConky said...

A New version of Flat Stanly. I'll send one for him.

elizabeth said...

Hope I am not too late to get in on this. If not too late, I would love to send a note.

KID, MD said...

I would love to have your help!! I don't have any other contact info for you, so if you could send me an email at katiedeshazer (at) gmail (dot) com, I'll send you the address and more information. Thank you!