Friday, March 18, 2011

A pair of pants

Actually two pair...
Both my boys have Easter pants!  I've used these patterns before for them, so I won't gab on about them.  Logan's are from the basic pant from the 01/2009 issue of Ottobre.  There are three different designs that use this base pattern, so you really could mix and match all the pockets, tabs and patches to get a unique look every time.  I went with very simple cargo pockets this time.  The shirt is the star of this ensemble.  For Duncan's pants, I used the Simplicity 3765 pattern that I use for all my baby pants, with cargo pockets placed like Logan's.
Here is a closeup of the wee pair, lightened so you can see the pockets.
I'm so excited to have all of my boy Easter sewing done!  Next up will be Myra's dress, then I think I'll do mine.  I'm in need of some selfish sewing!  After that I should be ready to tackle a real man shirt for Mitch.

10 comments:

Kitschy Coo said...

I can't get over how big Logan's pants look by comparison! Nice work getting the boys done so early :)

Sam Rose said...

I love things in miniature and it's so fun to see the outfits right next to one another.

gwensews said...

It must be a good feeling to have your boys outfitted for Easter. Notice how you put yourself last? That's the mommie in us.

Heather said...

Oh those little pants are so darn cute! You're zipping right along with the Easter outfits!

Julia said...

I know how good this feels! I'm almost finished with my last dress. I think I;m going to redo the boys' pants, though. I'm not happy with them.

Pam said...

Super cute!!!

Joy said...

They're so cute lined up like that: big and little. Will Mitch be getting a matching outfit? (:

Kristy Chan said...

it's really satisfying making little clothes isn't it? I mean it's nice when you make something for yourself that turns out really well, but making something that looks so cute on your kids is just something else. It also helps that it's really quick and they can't complain either!

angie.a said...

Those are the CUTEST tiny pants I've ever seen. Ever.

amber said...

So cute! I love the matching brother outfits. :)