Thursday, March 3, 2011

Another sling, boy style

My sewing group suggested that we sew baby slings as our current project, which I thought was a great idea!  I love my slings, and they are a super simple project.  Tuesday we got started...
and finished!!  In our two hour class period all six of us made a sling, start to finish!  That includes the time it took me to explain the process, although these ladies were sharp. They didn't need much help from me.
Since most of my slings were made with Myra in mind, they run on the girlie side, and I wanted something a little more gender neutral for my wee man.  Mitch suggested camo, but I have to wear it too and camo does not mesh well with my wardrobe.  I went with chocolate brown, bound in forest green.  It's a nod to camo.
If you'd like more info on slingmaking, I wrote about it here.  Both Duncan and I are very happy with this one!

11 comments:

Sam Rose said...

Very beautiful pictures.

Cindy said...

I love the middle picture of Duncan and you! Looks like a great sling...perfectly suitable for a boy.

Lisa Laree said...

Baby slings didn't appear on the homesewing radar until my 3rd or 4th young 'un (it's truly sad that I don't remember! 3rd...I think...). Same thing with the nursing mother patterns. Sigh. Where were they 10 years earlier??? Life changing! Love your sling...but I especially love those photos. Those are scrapbook worthy for sure!!! So sweet!

Heather said...

Oh how I wish I would have known about these when mine were little, too! This looks great, Katie, and nice and snuggly!

Pam said...

I love this sling - you and your boy look perfect with it!

MushyWear said...

I really like the sling. Nice for baby and mama.

Julia said...

This is great. What kind of fabric is that? I make these quite often. I've never bound the edges, though. I like the finished look the binding gives, so I will do that from now on.

Julia said...

I make these quite often. I've never bound the edges, though. I love the finished look the binding gives, so I'll be doing that from now on. Where do you buy your rings?

michal said...

I love slings!And more important, when my girls were tiny, theyloved it too! I never thought of making one, what a great idea, and great pictures!

Marjie said...

Duncan is a darling. I miss my baby days *sob*

amber said...

These pictures are just precious.