Monday, January 17, 2011

Vogue 8699

I was admiring my beloved stash rearranging my fabric closet the other day and I came across this soft, thick interlock that just screamed that it wanted to be a snuggly cowl neck top like Sharon's.  Fortunately I already had the pattern, so I threw aside all of the other things I should be working on to make a top.
Sometimes you just have to sew what you want, you know.
The pattern is Vogue 8699.  It is a basic top with shoulder princess seams and an attached cowl neck.  The view I made is hip length with 3/4 sleeves.  The cowl really is just an oversized turtleneck.  This is one of the "Custom Fit" patterns with cup sizes, so I didn't have to do an FBA (YAY!).  It made this a super quick project.  The top is simple and quick to sew, and fits nicely thanks to the princess seaming.  With a band in place of the cowl, I also can see using this as a basic scoop neck top.  I think this year I am going to make more of an effort to sew up all of the Vogue patterns I am always buying.  They are always well drafted and have nice details.
The color is a bit of a departure from the norm for me, so I was a bit surprised at how well it coordinates with much of my wardrobe, including the denim skirt I just made!  Here I am wearing it with a pair of RTW slinky knit pants.

15 comments:

Kitschy Coo said...

Love it! Looks great on you and what a great colour :)

Karin van Dam said...

Nice, great colour too, it suits you!

michal said...

This is a great top, and the color fits well not only with yout skirt, but also with you...
How do you manage to find the time to sew with a newborn?????

Joy said...

That's lovely. The seaming is really great.

Pam said...

I love this - you did a wonderful job Katie!! I agree with the above comments - brilliant color!

Aminat said...

Baeitiful and the color is so nice on you great job

Angela said...

Lovely top.. the color is fantastic on you!

Beth said...

Love all things princess seamed and 3/4 sleeve length. Maybe I will get this one, too!

gwensews said...

Love that color. It would look equally stunning with white pants. Very nice top!

Amy said...

I think that color looks great on you! Nice top.

Anonymous said...

Love the lime! The princess seams are such a nice detail too.

Sam Rose said...

Wow! Very bright and happy looking. Green is my fav!

Audrey said...

The fit of this top is fantastic on you. I love the bright green color too.

Big in Japan said...

Looks cool and comfy, thumbs up. The princess seams elevate its style factor.

Ann Made Studio said...

I love this color on you. The top looks wonderful.