Saturday, January 29, 2011

FO: Evangeline fingerless gloves

I've had a hard time finding time to knit, since any time I'm not nursing I'm sewing!  But I recently discovered that nursing and knitting are not mutually exclusive, so I finally finished these mitts!
My hands get cold easily, so even though it doesn't get all that cold in Texas, I wear gloves a lot.  But it's really hard to use a touch screen with traditional gloves.  I've missed a few calls, so I decided I needed some of these.  I decided to knit long ones so that they'll cover my arms when I wear my Simplicity 2808 jacket, which I do all the time.  The cable makes me happy.  It's beautiful and was really fun to knit.  Rav notes are here.

I've got a few irons in the fire right now sewing-wise.  I'm doing a few things for a pair of weddings - making a bolero for a bride and adding sleeves to a bridesmaid dress, so that's been keeping me pretty busy.  I'll share the bolero muslins with you when I get to fit the bride!

8 comments:

Aminat said...

Beautiful someday I will get to make something this beautiful, I am just learning how to knit, courtesy of You-Tube and a colleague, I finished a small blanket for my DD doll...lol. Great job those will definitely keep you warm. hope the little man is staying warm too....

Beth said...

I love those!!! You did a great job.
I want some.

Kitschy Coo said...

I really, really love that colour. Beautiful!

Lucy said...

Gorgeous gloves! May I give a completely shameless plug to a fingerless gloves pattern that a friend of mine has published on Ravelry?

michal said...

it looks great, and so practical!

Tawny said...

The gloves are gorgeous! I love the colour. Well done.

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Wow - beautiful color - bet they look cool with your jacket!

Louiz said...

Those are gorgeous! and major congrats on knitting and nursing at the same time, wow:)