Thursday, March 18, 2010

Are you ready?

For the most awesome jeans back pocket ever??
I know.  I'm not sure the world is ready for my jean-ius.  Heh.  I was inspired by Renee's back pocket design, and she was inspired by Mary Nanna.  The particular tracing came from an old Med School textbook.  I knew I kept Dubin around for something!  I also have to credit Mary Nanna for an excellent tip.  She mentioned that she used her ditch quilting foot to keep her lines nice and straight.  Brilliant!!  Thank you!

Seriously, I am way excited about these jeans!  I still have a way to go before they are finished, but all signs point to greatness.
Check out the curve built into that back yoke!  Major good shaping going on there!  In constructing the front pockets, the pattern instructions specify, "This will not lie flat." to which I respond, Hallelujah!  Neither do I!

13 comments:

Linda L said...

Very nice pocket. I recognize the design! Glad it is not a flat line! Good luck with the jeans, I am looking forward to seeing the finished project.

Lauren said...

No matter what I'm shopping for I'm always on the lookout for the perfect jeans, being short makes RTW so much more complicated! Maybe once you finish these I'll be inspired to make my own :-)

gwensews said...

That is one doctor-perfect pocket! How fun!

Pam said...

Wow! So creative - You are a Jean-ius!

Julia said...

It took me a minute to get the pocket design, and then I just chuckled. Very clever!!!! Nope, I'm not flat either. Is anyone?

amber said...

Okay, that is so awesome!!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Hey, you've got a short PR interval & a long QT there! (I'm a pediatric cardiologist - I need those pockets). They look fabulous and who knew Dubin could make a fashion statement. Permission to use the photo (with proper credit of course) in my EKG lecture?

KID, MD said...

@Sister-
LOL!! When I showed Mitch last night he said, "Looks like your butt has a wide QRS." Then he admitted that they are cool. If you'd like the higher resolution image for your lecture just shoot me an email!

Mary Nanna said...

pa ha ha .. of course I recognised the pocket design immediately and thought, oh.. that's what it was supposed to look like.... Isn't the internet a wonderful place for sharing and growing of ideas?

kbenco said...

You have to wear these to a casual day at a conference, and see who gets it!

Adelaide B said...

That is a seriously great pocket!

Digs said...

Be still my heart! very cute, thumpetty thump!

Judy Ross said...

I.Love.That.Pocket! The world needs so much more of this kind of thing - clothes with (smart) humour!