Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Stuck.

I've been feeling a little creatively stymied lately. I can't tell you how long I've stared at this blank page trying to decide what to write about. It's also been a little crazy around here lately, so I haven't been sewing as much as I'd like. The blouse in my "My Current Project" sidebar box is still a pile of black stretch broadcloth. I did finish up the "Surprise" and I'll post about it once I've given it to it's intended recipient. Don't want to spoil the surprise... It's adorable, though. Stick around.

Anyway, despite my current state of crafter's block, I've been thinking a lot about applique. Logan has a book that we get from the library that he has memorized and LOVES, and it has gotten me thinking about making him some shirts with "I Love Trucks" appliques.As you can see, the illustrations are nice and simple, so I think they'd translate well to applique. The firetruck is his favorite. I think I'll be needing some red felt... And some free time. Sigh.

I also found some cute flowers that I think I'll translate into applique for Myra. Don't laugh - yes, this is a paper towel. But aren't the flowers fun? You have to take inspiration where you find it.On another crafty/family note, my brother and his wife are expecting their first baby, and just found out that it is a BOY! So, don't be too surprised to see a lot of cute boy stuff coming along. I'm excited about my first nephew!

2 comments:

The Mommy said...

I actually was waiting on gender ID to make anything. I guess I'll be going to Jo-Ann's this weekend for blue and motorcycle-themed flannel for blankies!!
Also: a quilt. James has said in no uncertain terms that he is expecting a baby quilt from me.
sigh. Someday I'll sew for myself.
really.

Sarah said...

Oh, tell me how the applique goes. That's something that I've been wanting to try but I'm delayed =)