Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Monthly Roundup: January 2012

One month in to 2012, and how is everyone doing? I'm feeling pretty good about what came out of the sewing room this month.

1) McCalls 5696 skirt as a gift
2) Gap-Tastic cowl for me
3) Sewing For Boys Raw Edge Raglan tee x 2 for Logan and Duncan
4) Pink Waffle Knit sweater for Myra
5) Simplicity 2256 jacket for me
6) Ottobre 04/2004-14 shirt for Logan
7) Kwik Sew 3694 top for me
8) New Look 6082 pants for me
9) Made by Rae Toddler Backpack for Myra

The total yardage out is 11.5 yards. Yardage in was 25.42 yards, but in my defense, I did get a gift card to Hancock's, which I made very good use of. Still, the stash doesn't really need to grow, so I have plans to sew up much of that new fabric very soon. I spent a large part of my sewing time this month working on my coat and I do not regret a single minute. I love that coat so much and I learned a ton.

Upcoming in February, I am participating in Lori and Lynne's Wardrobe Basics Sew Along.
I'll post a bit about planning for that soon. I have some fun ideas. I also have some Pinterest inspiration that I want to follow through on.
I have been obsessed with red skinny pants recently. Although leather probably isn't compatible with my lifestyle, I do have some nice bottom weight stretch twill that will be perfect. I'll be pulling out Vogue 8330 again for these. I love the denim pair I made and wear them all the time.
Pink has also seriously been on my radar lately. I scored some pink stretch corduroy recently. I like the skinnies here, but I don't think I need them in both red and pink. I think I'll make some flare leg jeans. Maybe I'll haul out Jalie 2908, or perhaps Vogue 2907.
Photobucket
Of course, there is still the Sewing For Boy SAL over at Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy! This month the focus is pants. I think there may be a theme here... The two patterns we'll be doing are the "Mr. Two Face" pants and the "Kickin' Back" sweats. Since I have a boy in both size ranges, I get to make them both!! I'll have to brainstorm some fun embellishments. Be warned, Thomas the Train will probably be involved. That's how my boys roll.

7 comments:

Sarahbelle said...

Whew!!

I'm still trying to finish the blanket I cut out for Brody -- in November!

You are a miracle worker!!!

Tanit-Isis said...

Wowza! This is why I don't do monthly roundups... too depressing ;) (well, lately...)

I look forward to the boy-sewing. Not that I have any boys to sew for (other than the big one), but I love reading about it. Maybe because my girls are so firmly done with the frilly-pink phase. :)

Candice said...

Amazing work! I agree with Tanit-Isis "This is why I don't do monthly roundups...too depessing".. My sentiments exactly lol!

Lynneb said...

Hi Katie...I have also been obsessed with red skinnies! Are they going to be a part of your wardrobe basics?

Kyle said...

My round up: 2 gray dresses and 2 pairs of panties, one easy cape and one pair of fingerless gloves. :) I'm intrigued by the skinny pants too.

KID, MD said...

Oooh, I hadn't thought about including them in my Wardrobe! I actually think I'm going to do black skinnies as my "dark skinny jeans". Red is extra! :)

Marjie said...

I got a couple of dresses done, one for a gift, but I really need to figure out what I really did. The fact that you can keep track of all of this is amazing.