Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Monthly Roundup: March 2014

March was a personally very trying month, and I definitely didn't have the time I would have liked to sew. I did a lot of quick projects and I sewed a ton for Barbie. My mojo kind of crashed (mostly from sleep deprivation) in the middle of the month, and about the only thing I could convince myself to sew were teeny weeny dresses, so that's what I did.

I managed to sew:
1) Ottobre 04/2013-12 tee for Myra
2) Kwik Sew 526 PJ pants for me
3) Kitschy Coo Trifecta Top for me
4) Simplicity 3949 apron for a school raffle
5) Barbie bed & Bedding  for Barbie photo shoots
6) Ottobre 06/2012-3 tunic as a baby shower gift
7) Ottobre 06/2008-2 leggings as a baby shower gift
8) **TBA**
9) **TBA**
10) McCalls 658 bustier for Barbie
11) Self drafted pencil skirt for Barbie
12) McCalls 658 corset for Barbie
13) Simplicity 8333 peasant dress for Barbie
14) Mini Penny Pinafore and shorts for Myra
15) McCalls 658 negligee for Barbie
16) Kitschy Coo Trifecta Top for me

That is a total of 19 items and took 15 yards of fabric. Barbie clothes are small, and don't take much yardage, so they aren't very impressive for stashbusting. I did buy some fabric this month. I added a total of 21 yards to the stash, so my yearly totals are 59.75 yards sewn this year and 49 yards added to the stash. At least I'm still 10 yards ahead, so I'm not going to beat myself up over it. But I am going to earnestly endeavor to do better next month.
April is going to be dedicated to recovery and preparation. We're starting to get ready in earnest for our big move at the end of June. I hate moving, so I'm really dreading it, but I am very much looking forward to settling in to our new home so I'm trying to keep my focus there. I'm not going to make any firm plans for the coming month, but I did cut out a pair of jeans, so maybe a recovery of the mojo is in progress. I also have a super fantastic Barbie gown to photograph. I can't wait to show it to you!

3 comments:

kristin at sunnysewing said...

good luck with the moving preparation. And I'm looking forward to your TBA things as well as the jeans. March was a great sewing month for you!

Masha said...

Wow, your "no mojo" sewing list is still pretty impressive! Good luck in your move; we're moving at right around the same time this year. _Masha at itinerantseamstress.blogspot.com

brendaintheboro said...

Thank you for telling us about the Trifecta top. I made a muslin yesterday and it fits well in bust and hips and I am 2 sizes bigger on the hips. I feel the high neck is still a little low but it is wearable.