Thursday, May 1, 2014

Monthly Roundup: April 2014

Y'all, I have been very bad about keeping up with my sewing output this month. I have an excuse though. Early this month, my computer's monitor died. It's a laptop, so that is pretty much endgame. Anyway, I sent it off (still under warranty, whew!) and when it came back a couple of days ago, I found that they had wiped the hard drive. Now, I am no computer genius, but that seems excessive for an itty bitty monitor replacement... Anyway, no biggie, I had all my files backed up, but it's online (Thank you, Carbonite!!) So it's taking a while to download them all back onto the laptop. Especially since my internet service can't seem to keep me online this week. My signal has dropped 3 times since I started typing this. Very annoying...

Anyway, since I upload all my work to Flickr, I still have a pretty collage to show you, even if I can't share the raw numbers just now.
Was it month of the frou-frou or what?? So. Much. Pink. It was so fun, y'all. Barbie got dresses and dainties, Myra got all the pink satin her girly little heart desired, and even I got a swirly dress. Good month. On top of that, I BOUGHT ZERO FABRIC!! Woo-hoo!!I am determined to make it to the move with no more fabric purchases. I have 2 months (May and June) and I think I can do this.

5 comments:

Heather Bee said...

Whooo hooooo, I like a collage of fun frou frou dresses. Nice work on the no fabric purchases Katie. I think you can do it for 2 more months. I'll root for you and intercept any packages if necessary.

Rhonda said...

Another great month!

Lori said...

Great job on the sewing and no fabric purchasing!

Carolyn Norman said...

I thought that Barbie chick had way more outfits than that this month! Otherwise, the outfits you made for real people are awesome! I'm always amazed at your output!!!

kristin at sunnysewing said...

April looks like a great sewing month and congrats on no fabric purchases!!! (smart thinking on backing up your data too)