Saturday, January 28, 2017

Jungle January forever!

Myra and I are in just under the wire, but we could not miss Jungle January! Leopard is our spirit animal.
We went with an easy wardrobe addition - simple knit tops. Leopard print, of course. And for a little flair, waist level ties. We like a little fun.
My top came first. I used burda magazine, 10/2016 #101, which is a drop shoulder tee with an integrated tie. The pattern is pretty interesting, which made for a fun sew.
The left side tie is cut on with the front of the tee, but the right tie is actually a separate piece. Both ties are faced, so the wrong side showing isn't a problem.
Since the ties are not incorporated into a waistband, it leaves the tee with a nice flowy, relaxed fit. It's not my usual style, but I think it works in this fabric, a slinky ITY from FabricMart.
For Myra's tee, I wanted a similar look. I started out searching for tie waist tees. And burda did publish one, but drafted for wovens and sleeveless.
I didn't want to do that much drafting, so I found a good drop shoulder Ottobre tee (01/2015-11) that I added a waistband and faux tie to.
The look is nicely complementary while the hip band and slightly longer length make wardrobe malfunctions less likely for my active girl.
Both tees got self fabric bound necklines and coverstitched sleeve hems. You can also see the dropped shoulder of both tops in this shot.
Blow a kiss, Myra! Let's go paint the town... leopard!!

4 comments:

Christine Schwab said...

They both turned out awesome! Love the new jungle shirts paired with th red pants and boots. Cute embellishment on Mrya's pants as well. You need t take those leopards out to prowl....

Vanessa said...

I think the tops look great, and you both look great in them. I like leopard print too!

fayedoll1 said...

Gorgeous!

Sheryll said...

Cute tops - and gorgeous pics of you and your girl!