Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pattern Parcel #2: Hanami Top and Hosh Pants

I had so much fun sewing my Dandelion Top for the first Pattern Parcel, it was a no brainer when Jill asked me to participate in the blog tour for the second one. A collection of cute girlie clothes? Yes, please!!
Perfect Pattern Parcel #2
Hanami Top or Dress by Straight Grain Hosh Pants by LoubeeClothing Celestial Tee by Figgy’s September Tunic & Dress by Too Sweets Patterns Caroline Party Dress by Mouse House Creations
This parcel is seriously not to be missed if you are sewing for little girls. I really had a difficult time decided what to sew for the tour.
So difficult a time in fact, that I decided to make up two of the patterns.
Seriously, are the Hanami Top and Hosh Pants not made for each other??? I love this sweet little outfit so much!
The Hosh Pants by LouBee Clothing are an old favorite around here. This is my third pair and it won't be my last. Myra adores these pants, and I love how quick and easy they are to sew.
One of the super star features of the Hosh Pants is the adjustable back waistband. The method for inserting the elastic is not only easy, it looks great. But I've already made several pair, so for this one I didn't make it adjustable. I inserted the elastic prior to sewing the waistband onto the pants and added a line of stitching through the center of the elastic. It give a nice flat appearance to the back waist that I like.
You can see the wiastband a little better here. As well as my other modification. Pockets!! Myra likes to have a place to stash essentials like Barbie shoes and chapstick. I embellished one pocket with a teeny bit of embroidery from the top. I like that it ties the pieces together.
The fabric for these is a powder pink stretch sateen from FabricMart. It's perfect for this design, and Myra loves the color and the slight sheen.
This was my first time making the Hanami Top by Straightgrain. It won't be the last. Myra adores this top. The flippy little peplum is her favorite thing.
I cannot get over the cuteness of the wrap back and sweet little gathered tulip sleeve. Precious.
The top has a side closure. I used snaps that match the darker pink in the watermelon embroidery. Myra can actually pull the top on without undoing the closure, but I'm glad it's there. She'll need it as she grows.
The top is a great length and the peplum makes it cool and comfortable. It's a great shape for an active kid, but so much cuter than a tee shirt!
The construction method for this top is absolutely fabulous. The bodice and sleeves are fully lined, and the only exposed seam is the waist, which could easily be bound if you don't have a serger.
The fabric I used is an embroidered cotton seersucker that I found years ago at Hancock Fabrics. I'd been saving it for the perfect project and this was definitely it. I lined it with china silk that has been in my stash a while.
I made this outfit a couple of weeks ago, and it has passed the wearability test with flying colors. Myra wants to put it on as soon as it comes out of the wash. The pieces mix effortlessly with her wardrobe, so she wears one or both of these every few days. Perfect.
Perfect Pattern Parcel #2
Now head over there and get yours, if you haven't already. You've got less than a week to get this amazing bundle, name your own price, and donate to kids in need. It's a win-win-win situation!

And while you're at it, go check out the other bloggers on the tour. Seriously. Talented. Folks.

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet outfit, love the details. Also, the outfit from yesterday is amazing.

    ReplyDelete