Sunday, September 1, 2013

Monthly Roundup: August 2013

So, August is over. That's all I have to say about that.

I made some stuff:
1) Ottobre shorts for Logan
2) Goodnight Sweetheart PJs for Logan
3) Simplicity 1595 "wedding" dress for Myra
4) imagine gnats Bess top for me
5) Jalie 2788 twist top for me
6) Ottobre 03/2011-20 shorts x8 for Myra

A few of those have yet to be blogged, and a few were to boring to blog, so I'm sorry it's been a little slow here this month. I've also been having some internet connection issues that have made it hard to blog, and really decreased my motivation. Hopefully, September will be better. I did manage to sew up 15.25 yards of fabric this month, which is more than I thought I'd be able to, so yay for that! Of course, I bought 20.5 yards, so I'm still positive for the month. For the year so far, I have 192.25 yards in and 159 yards out. That's 33.75 yards positive for the year. I have managed to use a few new patterns, including a Jalie I hadn't sewn before and a new Indie pattern that I can't wait to tell you about. Stay tuned for that!
Another bright spot this month was this lovely package from Marjie! I just LOVE 70s patterns, and there are some superfly ones in this bunch! I'm definitely going to be making one of these blazers soon, and the 60s shirtwaist on the middle right is calling to me as well. Seriously great haul! Thank you so much, Marije!! I've also gotten a few shipments from Vintage Martini over the last few weeks. So much lovely vintage goodness!
One of those recent acquisitions is going to get sewn up for the Fall for Cotton sewalong hosted by Lucky Lucille and By Gum, By Golly. Isn't this adorable?! The fabric is a quilting cotton my mother gave me for my birthday. I'm planning to make the far right dress (modelled by the smug redhead) with the contrast in solid black.

I am also starting to get fired up for Fall sewing. I have a list of fun things that I want to sew up, including a couple of blazers and several pair of jeans. I probably won't get it all done in September! My first project for the month will be sort of a last nod to summer. I've been working on the fit for the By Hand London Anna dress. When this dress first started appearing on blogs, I knew I had to make it. It's just so me. I'm working on some fit issues right now, but once I get all that worked out, it's a quick sew. Hopefully, I'll be able to show it to you soon.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, the Anna will look fantastic on you. I hope you make the maxi version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This month I made two tanks and one dress.
    I'm curious as to what "imagine gnats Bess top for me" means!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love your vintage ladies fabric, awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love 70s patterns too - so funky. If only it wouldn't be strange to walk down the street wearing jackets with puffy sleeves and pointy collars and flared trousers all in a lurid polyester print!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go on sewing all the yardage, stash maven. I really should have kept track of the amount of yardage in like you do. Have a feeling it's equal to the yardage sewn up, Doh!

    ReplyDelete