After I made Myra's dress, I wanted to make some tweaks to the sleeve, so I decided to make a couple more dresses. The first was for Myra's BFF, N.
Kitschy Coo and the creator of the Skater Dress) suggested adding the flounce at the cap of the sleeve only and hemming the lower armscye curve. And it was perfect.
I love the way the bands for the neckline and sleeves on this pattern are put in flat and then seamed together. I think the biggest challenge with this method is in the seaming. It's so easy to get a little jog or mismatch where the edges of the band come together, but a simple trick will keep your edges perfectly aligned.