This time, I made the cowl neck version, which has the same bodice as the scoop neck version, that I made last time. So by just switching a single pattern piece, you get a completely different look.
The fabric I used is a rayon jersey with lurex pinstripes. It was thin and curly and totally impossible to tame, so this was the perfect pattern for it, since it is simple and easy to sew. The 5/8 seam allowances were great here, since I was seaming away from all the curling. Generally, I prefer 3/8 or 1/4 seam allowances on a knit, but I may change my practice for extra curly knits, since this was so much easier.
The star of this view is the cowl. This is a detached cowl, as opposed to cut on, which is what I mostly have sewn. It is also cut in two pieces and seamed at the upper edge, which allows for shaping. These two factors make it lie very nicely against the neck, while still draping around the neckline in a graceful way.
It looks awesome with my new favorite jeans (Vogue 1059). I need a few more, I think.