Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Monthly Roundup: July 2012

July was kind of an awesome month, at least for the first three weeks. I totally sewed my heart out, then the whole household came down with a dreadful cold, and I didn't see the inside of my sewing room for 6 days. That's a seriously long time for me, y'all! Fortunately, we are all on the mend now, and I got a swimsuit for Myra cut out this morning. Despite the week "off", I still had a pretty amazing month.

I sewed:
1) New Look 6723 wedding dress for Breanna
2) Kitschy Coo Dolman Top for Logan
3) Jalie 2805 top for me
4) Butterick 5645 top for me
5) New Look 6807 top for me
6) Simplicity 1880 dress for me
7) Ottobre 06/2007-9 dress as a baby gift
8) Ottobre 06/2008-2 leggings as a baby gift
9) Ottobre 01/2010-2 tee as a baby gift
10) Ottobre 02/2005-12 dress for Myra
11) Butterick 4167 dress for Myra
12) Ottobre 03/2012-13 dress for Myra
13) Lily Bird Studios Summer Blouse for Girls for Myra
14) Ottobre 03/2011-26 dress for Myra
15) Ottobre 03/2011-11 romper for Duncan
16) Vogue 1027 dress for me

That is 16 items in a little over 3 weeks! Woo-hoo!! Not including the wedding dress, I sewed up 23 yards of fabric, but 40 yards came in. Some of that was a gift from a friend (yay, free fabric!) and 8 yards of the new fabric has already been sewn up. Still, some stash busting definitely needs to happen.
The star of the show this month was obviously the wedding dress. I am so glad I was able to contribute in a small way to Steven and Breanna's special day. The wedding is on the 10th, so hopefully I'l get some good pictures of the dress in action. After the wedding dress, I had a knit top frenzy, which was a great way to refocus. Then I had another run of dress sewing, this time for Myra. Little girl dresses are so fun!
In August, we have several birthdays, so I may have some birthday sewing coming soon. There will definitely be a Minnie Mouse dress on the machines. Other than that, I'm not sure what I want to sew. I've been staring at my fabric wall, but nothing has really been speaking to me. We'll have to play it by ear and see what happens...

3 comments:

Marjie said...

I just bought about 15 yards of fabric, because nothing I had spoke to me. My sons groaned, my dearly beloved laughed, and the daughters cheered with me! Myra's dresses are adorable, and that's a lot of output for only 3 weeks! Glad you're all on the mend.

michal said...

Girls' dresses are the best! Nothing like them... and Myra's closet sure looks very colorful! I also looked at the wedding dress... only one word.. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam Rose said...

I had been thinking about you yesterday morning and was going to send you a message because I felt I hadn't seen you online a lot lately. I'm sorry to hear you guys got sick, but glad to hear y'all are on the mend.