Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Bon Voyage

Well, the bags are packed and the machines are crated. The big truck comes this morning to take all of our worldly possessions to the Great Salt Lake Valley. We'll be heading out today as well, so it'll get pretty quiet here for a while.
My poor, empty sewing room
We'll be driving to Salt Lake, so I won't be sewing at all this week, but I am bringing Janome and a couple of projects that are cut and ready to sew. Hopefully the rest of my sewing gear (oh, and all the furniture and other unimportant crap) will come quickly and I can set up my new sewing room! I can't wait to show it to you!
Dishcloth in progress
I don't drive much (when I can avoid it), so I suspect I'll at least get some knitting done in the car. It actually gets cold in Salt Lake, so I may actually have the motivation to finish the sweater I have been working on for Myra. Let's hope it fits her when I finish...

16 comments:

Michelle said...

Travel safely! I hope your belongings aren't too far behind you!

Maryissewfast said...

Happy trails...I hope the move goes smoothly for you and you are settled in your new home soon!

Pam said...

Katie!! Good luck! And, welcome to the West! I think you'll love Salt Lake City! What a perfect time of year to go. One of my instructors lives in Park City - you are going to love love it! Just think of all the new sewing stores:)

Joy said...

Have a wonderful trip! I hope everything goes smoothly and the little ones adjust well.

Heather said...

Drive safe! Can't wait to have you back up and running again, maybe I can quick get a coverstitch machine in the meantime so I can keep up with you ;)

Adelaide B said...

Good luck on the move!

Unknown said...

Have a safe trip! I am sure this new chapter will be a great one! My sister has lived in Utah for the last 6 years and loves it!

wendy said...

drive safely and LOTS of good thoughts for the unpacking - always the worst part of a move!

gwensews said...

Best wishes and God speed.

kbenco said...

I hope your move goes smoothly. Happy knitting.

Big in Japan said...

Here's wishing you a safe and speedy journey!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Good luck with the move! I hope the unpacking goes well and remember set your sewing room up right after the bedroom and before the kitchen! :)

Sascha said...

Oh moves are always so exciting (and exhausting). New town, new home. Not sure if you are originally from SLC or new, but it is so exciting to show your kids a new place to grow up and have exciting adventures. I've only driven through, but my husband has been there a few times on business last year and he says it's pretty stinkin' beautiful. He keeps talking about two things... the mountains and the buildings downtown. I assume he means some of the temples.

Amy Stanton said...

Good luck with the move!

Amber said...

I actually live just north of Salt Lake City! Good luck with the move. We love it here.

I'm very impressed--knitting in the car is way out of my talent range.

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Good luck with the move! My sister's moving this week too - so sad but so exciting.