I've got a few weddings this season that I am sewing for. The first upcoming is actually just some alterations to a bridesmaid's dress - I'll show you that when I finish. The other is a bolero jacket for a lovely bride who found her dream dress, but needs to cover her arms and shoulders, as it is strapless. I'm making her a bolero to wear over the dress.
Simplicity 2659, which is an OOP wardrobe pattern with a short bolero with a wide pleated collar. I'll remove the pleats from the collar, shorten the sleeves and shorten the bodice in back to reveal the buttons along the back of her dress. I whipped up a quickie muslin to determine the exact changes we'd need to make and to check for fit.