Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Monthly Roundup - January '11

Here we are 1 month into 2011!  I sewed a bit more than I expected to this month, and that is always fun!

Final tally:
Jalie 2794 top (My)
burdastyle 9/2010-121 top (K)
Butterick 5566 skirt (K)
Ottobre 06/2010-13 jumpsuit (My)
Ottobre 01/2009-23 pants refashion (L)
Vogue 8699 top (K)
Vogue 8603 skirt (K)
Simplicity 3765 pants (D)
Evangeline fingerless gloves (K)

So that is 9 sewn items and 1 knitted.  I've been doing a lot of selfish sewing this month.  It's been fun to sew for me now that I'm not immensely pregnant, although the nursing bustline has given me a few frustrations.  Don't be looking for any closely fitted woven tops from me any time soon...

While I didn't do anything wildly challenging, I did play with a few more features on my serger.  I feel like I have a ton to learn about serging.  I really want to really get to know her and utilize her to her full potential.  My next big goal in that regard is to experiment with flatlocking to make some running tops for Mitch.

Next up I have a skirt about halfway done and a few tops I'm contemplating, but at the moment I've been evicted from my sewing room while we paint and carpet the house.  Necessary and exciting, but I miss my machines already!!

5 comments:

angie.a said...

Holy cow! That's a lot of FO's for a new mommy! :) Sewing for *you* is wonderful isn't it? I wish I had more energy! You're putting me, the "old mommy" to shame. haha!

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Oh my goodness, that is so impressive! That's way more than I got done and I don't have kids!

Debra Martin said...

Wowza!! I feel like such a slacker now. I only made two things so far this year. My sewing machines are also off limits temporarily. I am having sewing withdrawal pains as well - lol. Hopefully your freshly carpeted and painted room will make up for the separation.

Debra Martin said...

Wowza!! I feel like such a slacker now. I only made two things so far this year. My sewing machines are also off limits temporarily. I am having sewing withdrawal pains as well - lol. Hopefully your freshly carpeted and painted room will make up for the separation.

Julia said...

What a busy momma you are!