It's been a bit of a difficult week here in the sewing room. I've been a little under the weather. Nothing serious, just enough to sap away my energy and make it hard to focus, so I really haven't been sewing much. I wanted to be in top form before I tackled the sleeve gussets! This morning that magical combination of sleeping kids and reasonable energy happened, and I got the bodice lining fully constructed!
The dress goes together in sections, so the skirt is already done and fully lined. Here's a peek at the lined back vent.
Easy Guide to Sewing Linings, which I also used to draft the bodice lining pattern. Fabulous book! The instructions and illustrations are great!
The hip sash is also constructed, but I'm not sure if I want to attach the bow. I'm not usually a bow sort of girl, but I like the way it looks with this dress, so I'm torn.
I'm leaning toward the bow, but I think I'll wait until the dress is together and decide then. It's hard to tell how I feel about it when it is just sitting there on the ironing board...
I was really hoping to get this baby all done this week, but I really don't think it's going to happen. I still have to construct the bodice, including the gussets, pocket flaps and collar, bag the bodice lining, work the buttonholes, attach all the pieces to each other and then close the lining. Here's to next week!