Julia awarded me this! Thank you so much! If you haven't been to her blog, please go. She is a lovely, straightforward lady, who sews the most beautiful heirloom clothing for her grandchildren.
Scrap means left over, fragments, discarded material. Many times truth and honesty are discarded material, considered fragments and left over. People like us need to tell it like it is, and let the scraps fall where they will.
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who gave the award and list their blog and link it.
2. Share "10 Honest Things" about yourself.
3. Present this award to 7 others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.
4. Tell those 7 people they've been awarded Honest Scrap and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award.
So, my 10 honest things...
1) I am not at all introspective, so this is hard for me.
2) I don't like disorder, but sometimes am too lazy to deal with my own.
3) I am a total control freak.
4) Sometimes I cut corners when I want to hurry and get a project done. I always regret it, but still find myself doing it the next time.
5) My sewing closet is an unbelievable mess.
6) My family and my relationship with God are the most important things in my life.
7) Sometimes I forget #6 when things get crazy, and that makes life even harder than it needs to be.
8) Although I've made many poor choices in my life, they've made me who I am. I'm not sure I'd change them.
9) If you ask me what my favorite...(color, food, whatever) is, I'll probably have a response, but it will surely change soon. Does that mean I'm fickle, or just don't know myself?
10) Actually, my favorite color is green.
And the 7 bloggers that I am nominating:
1) Pam of Pippi Creates. She makes all sorts of cute things for herself and her family. She always makes a design hers with fun embellishments.
2) Beangirl. She sews up the cutest kids clothes aver and does some awesome refashions. I can always count on her for good advice!
3) Aphie from Botticelli Babe. The crafty Aussie does it all! She sews, quilts, cooks - heck, she even made her own deodorant!
4) Digs from StraightJacket Muse. She gives us the inside scoop on her beautifully crafted coats and jackets.
5) Pammie from Pammi and the P's. Just for Elvis! Seriously, her Halloween costumes were a hoot, but she sews beautiful clothing as well.
6) Myra from Adventures in Baby sewing. She makes beautiful things for herself and her kids. Her applique work is lovely, and she gives us a littler glimpse into her life.
7) Varina from Varina's Costume Shop and Haberdashery. So, this is a little bit of nepotism, since Rina is my sister, but her blog is a fun mix of vintage sewing, knitting, cooking, and her own wry wit.
8) Sarah of SarahbelleSews. She taught me everything I know.
OK, I know, that was 8, but how was I supposed to just choose seven blogs that I love??? Have you seen my sidebar??? Seriously, if you are on my sidebar, then I find you inspirational and stalk your blog relentlessly.
Thanks again, Julia! And thanks to all of you who read my ramblings.